InAEA 2010 August Meeting Minutes
Adair Chauveau, Junie Mirabella, Margie Scrabblebat, Marylou Goldrosen, and Kristy Handrick
- InAEA have 200 members on FaceBook now! Thank you for join us. Please invite your friends join us too. If you have any suggestion for InAEA, please feel free to let me know.
- InAEA website is now become vivid again! Many call for paper announcements and art education related news are announced in the website. Please join InAEA on the web that you can more easily get the most updated news. Registration is simple, you only need to fill in your name and email at: http://www.inaea.org/member/registration.aspx
- We are working really hard on the website membership page now. Hopefully by next month our members can have their own member page and we can be more connected.
- Inspired by Junie Mirabella and Jules McWinnie’s Ed Media Center, I am going to start to archive virtual world art education related virtual location, article, and information. If you would like to contribute your knowledge, please don’t feel hesitate to contact with me.
- Call for Participation: Second Life Art Exhibit http://www.inaea.org/post/2010/07/28/Call-for-Participation-Second-Life-Art-Exhibit.aspx Jules, would you like to tell us more about it?
This month our discussion is in a casual form.
We discussed to put some syllabi in the InAEA Book Case. If you would like to share your virtual world syllabi with our members, please contact with me in world or on the web.
I will also put some books or article reference in the Book Case.
What art classes are your teaching online and in what format?
- Marylou is now teaching Digital Ethnography in SL.
- Margie is teaching a studio course for ndergrads who have little or no previous art experience.Very basic stuff . . . but lots of technology issues.
- Junie suggested, over paint a place snapshot for the show with regular old paint or nail polish.
- Marylou said, instead of writing a paper, students are doing PowerPoints & condensing & reporOK --Students do final powerpoints and condense their results.
Art Ark http://slurl.com/secondlife/Teaching%202/81/182/24/
Next meeting time: September 1, 8 AM SL time= 8AM PST, 9AM MST, 10 AM CST, 11 AM EST. You are very welcome to join us!