Second Life building tips — 4 Edit linked parts
I personally feel this is a very important tips for building. Before I leaned this, every time when I tried to fix one part of my whole project, I need to unlink the whole thing, and after edit, try to link them back. When the whole thing only contains 2 objects it was fine. However, some things are more than 10 or hundreds objects, it was really painful. Edit linked parts is a very easy and useful tip for building! :)
By the way, in InAEA website, you can click on any image to enlarge the image. And you can also move your mouse to right or left side of the image and click, you will be able to see next or previous image! :) This is one of the best functions in this website. Try it out!
1. Click on shift and mouse left click on all prims you want in order to select all your prims.
2. Link (Ctrl+L) prims together.
3. When you want to edit one of the object, check the “Edit linked parts”
4. Click on somewhere else, and click on the part you want to edit. Now you can see you can only edit one of the prims! You can edit the texture, size, and all other things you want, just like you are editing a normal prim.
5. When you uncheck the “Edit linked parts,” you can see that this object is still linked!!
6. You can also move the prim for the object. Now you can easier to build in SL with the “Edit linked parts” checked! :)